Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Needlepoint? 9491

Newbie Posts: 2 *

DrW

Needlepoint?
« on: January 03, 2017, 05:26:17 AM »
Hi All,

I have done counted cross stitch in the past and my eyes aren't that great anymore! So, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Has anyone "colored" the fabric/aida cloth based on the charts and THEN stitched?? If so, what kind of markers are really permanent and won't rub off or blur when using the cloth?

2. I am intrigued with all the new stitches and possibilities with needlepoint (new to me, anyway - I've been hooking rugs in recent years - traditional rug hooking like in Colonial America & Canada). Would there be any reason that I couldn't use needlepoint stitches on one of these patterns rather than counted cross stitch - or a mix of the two types? I just want to know if needlepoint stitches would work with the aida (11 count, right?)

3. Sorry to ask this, but does anyone know of a service like Pic2Pat that creates needlepoint patterns?

Thank you very much, in advance, for helping this newbie to Pic2Pat!

With a smile  :)
DrW
Newbie Posts: 3 *
Re: Needlepoint?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 05:38:31 AM »
I don't color my fabric, but I do thread off sections of 10 stitches just so I can find my place better.

For the most part, pic2pat should work for needlepoint as well.  In many cases the two will be completely interchangeable, but it kind of depends of the size of your needlepoint fabric.  I've seen needlepoint cloth that contains as few as 3 or 4 stitches per inch.  If that is the case, pic2pat would still work, you just might need a little math to figure out your project size vs the pattern size.