Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

All symbols missing 6624

Newbie Posts: 5 *
All symbols missing
« on: January 16, 2021, 02:13:21 PM »
I have used this program from the same computer and same printer for a few years.  I have just installed a brand new ink cartridge also today. When printing, none of the symbols appear, although my test page is fine. The grid lines also seem weirdly spaced out at times, however the print quality is fine. Does anyone know what may be causing this? Thank you
Site admin Administrator Full Member Posts: 108 *****
Re: All symbols missing
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 03:07:31 PM »
This seems to be a problem where the embedded fonts in the pattern PDF file are not sent to the printer and the printer is using the internal printer fonts instead.

On what operating system are you using to view the pattern (Windows, MacOS or something else) and which program are you using to print the pattern? (Adobe Acrobat, directly from the browser or something else?)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 06:19:36 PM »
Thank you. I am printing from Windows and have tried direct from browser and also after printing to Adobe, both with the same result.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 06:24:41 PM »
In the print screen of Adobe, you can select the button "Advanced"
Select the option "Print as Image" in the advanced settings. This will probably fix your problem.

Can you please report back here if this was the solution?
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 07:12:42 PM »
Apologies, I should have said I printed to pdf, I don't have Adobe. There is no option for this in advanced printer settings. Thanks.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 07:55:35 PM »
There is no need to print to PDF because the original file is in PDF format. You can look in your Downloads folder with Windows Explorer. The original PDF pattern should be in that folder with the name P2P-somenumber.pdf
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 09:09:13 PM »
I have looked in browser too but no options for advanced print or print as image unfortunately. Found settings for printer but there is nothing that looks like that in there and no advanced options. It used to print fine from pic 2 pat, it's really strange.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 05:51:39 PM »
Pic2Pat has always been my favourite, saying that I haven't printed anything here for a couple of years. I have tried another cross stitch software program on my PC today and it has printed no problem. Could something have changed on your program to cause this? I am no expert, but notice, the number of skeins etc has a title where it didn't before, so could some changes have caused this to happen? I would have preferred to use Pic2Pat but doesn't look like it's to be this time around. Thank you.