Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Colors seem VERY DARK 7296

Newbie Posts: 3 *
Colors seem VERY DARK
« on: May 09, 2020, 06:28:36 PM »
This is my first time using Pic2Pac.  What an amazing program!!!  However, after about 2 hours of stitching it appears that my project is MUCH DARKER than the original image.

Here is the original image

Here is the rendering that pic2pat gave me:

Here is what I have stitched so far.  The gray/green blob on the right side of the image is supposed to be the gentleman's white shirt sleeve.

So, I am wondering, could there be some setting with in the process that changes the image from computer colors to DMC floss colors that is not indexed correctly?  I read on another post that some users have had to mess with the images saturation, contrast, ect to get a good image.  My original image is so good I am worried about making it look washed out or over exposed.
Site admin Administrator Full Member Posts: 109 *****
Re: Colors seem VERY DARK
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 09:58:25 PM »
Hi Mom of six,

The color difference you mention seems quite extreme. The only way to find out is to see how the pattern was generated. Is it possible to upload the PDF file to this topic? If you can't upload it, you could also send it by email to info@pic2pat.com

Best regards,

Lammert
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 11:30:22 PM »
I have sent an e-mail with the PDF attached.
Site admin Administrator Full Member Posts: 109 *****
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 09:58:25 AM »
Thanks for sending the pattern, I am trying to figure out if something strange happened when it was generated.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 10:56:48 PM »
So, I have been doing some poking around of my own.  Using the talents of my daughters who are well versed in photoshop we started looking at the individual pixel color codes and comparing them to an online RBG to DMC color converter.  While the pic2pat image on the screen looks a lot brighter, the color codes (RBG) from the that image were generating the same dark DMC colors that the pic2pat pattern called for.  So then I decided to be brave and mess with the brightness and contrast. After many attempts and multiple color comparisons I think I have finally generated an image that I am satisfied with.

Thank you, Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,

You have created an amazing program and I am very happy that you are willing to share your talent and time with the world!!
Newbie Posts: 1 *
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 11:42:24 AM »
I had an issue like this with my last project but it didn't come out too bad in the end. In the photo, the dog I was stitching had black on his tongue and in the shading but when I stitched it, the black parts were a dark blue. A bit strange but it came out OK.