Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Question for creating patterns for resale 9033

Newbie Posts: 2 *
Question for creating patterns for resale
« on: January 28, 2020, 12:36:51 PM »
Is it legal to make patterns from my own original artwork or photos and then sell them? (Obviously don’t want to sell copyrighted materials).  Can’t seem to find answer anywhere else.
Newbie Posts: 2 *
Re: Question for creating patterns for resale
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 12:43:30 PM »
Is it legal to make patterns from my own original artwork or photos and then sell them? (Obviously don’t want to sell copyrighted materials).  Can’t seem to find answer anywhere else.
P.s.  I am absolutely thrilled to find your website and I tell all my “stitching” friends about it.
Site admin Administrator Full Member Posts: 108 *****
Re: Question for creating patterns for resale
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 02:45:21 AM »
Yes, of course, you can sell patterns of your own copyrighted work.

The Pic2Pat website converts digital information in a picture by reducing the amounts of colors and the number of pixels, but it doesn't add any unique value to it.

See it as a digital printer. If you print a picture, the software in the printer converts the digital information in a file to a selection of ink or toner drops on specific locations on a piece of paper. Although through that process the printer in a way alters the image, the rights of the printed image are not altered or transferred to the printer manufacturer.

So please use the website as you see fit and tell others along the way about this service  :)

Best regards,

Lammert Bies