Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

PIC2PAT to EXCEL 825

Newbie Posts: 1 *
PIC2PAT to EXCEL
« on: November 23, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving.

I've converted a pic to a pattern.  I used SNIPIT to crop a piece of the pattern.  I pasted it into an EXCEL file but it does not react like other graphs.  My other graphs will load into rows of EXCEL but the individual graph cells will be compressed horizontally.  I will then use TEXT TO COLUMNS to parse one character into each cell.  The PIC2PAT characters are not compressing.  They are just acting a one block of text.  I want to load it into EXCEL so that I can use the search-and-color option to isolate a single color.

Is it just because PIC2PAT doesn't use letters and numbers?  Anybody know how I can do this?
Site admin Administrator Newbie Posts: 23 *****
Re: PIC2PAT to EXCEL
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 12:03:46 PM »
Technically this is not possible, because Pic2Pat patterns are generated as drawings, rather than character symbols. There are two main reasons for this.

The first reason is to generate patterns with symbols which are easy to read on paper. There are no cross-stitch symbols in standard computer fonts and using existing font symbols is always a compromise.

The second reason is to block an industry which was emerging some years ago which was generating hundreds of Pic2Pat patterns a day, then ripping of the header and footer with external software and selling the result for a profit without any name recognition of the origin, or any profit flowing back to Pic2Pat.

For genuine personal usages there may be ideas to think of and I would encourage you to add any comments to the requests for improvements thread.

Lammert