Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

New changes? 5319

Newbie Posts: 4 *
New changes?
« on: January 14, 2022, 04:25:52 PM »
I haven't used Pic2Pat for the better part of 2021, as I was moving and life stuff - less time for stitching, etc. I'm back to it now, and noticing some changes to the site - I like that the new DMC colors have been added, but where I used to have to lighten my photos to get a more accurate match for my patterns (when I first starting using the site about 4 years ago, it seemed to tend to darken the image when pulling colors), it appears now, it's pulling colors in a different way? This isn't so much of an issue, except it seems to inaccurately assign certain colors to images. i.e. I'm getting a lot of bright green colors for images that are straight-up beige or light tan. Any suggestions for this? I can manually change the colors, but when working with 50 or 60 colors, it's not always super easy to eyeball things. I still love and appreciate the site - just getting used to the changes, and don't want to waste too much time or thread on pieces that just won't work out. Thank you in advance for any pointers!
Site admin Administrator Full Member Posts: 108 *****
Re: New changes?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 10:23:56 AM »
Your eyesight is perfect!

In the process of allowing 150 colors instead of 75, the color balance algorithm in the conversion has changed somewhat to give more room for the lighter color shades. The effect is that patterns tend to be somewhat lighter than they were a few years ago.

The green shade you experience shouldn't be there though. Can you send an example by email to info@pic2pat.com for me to analyze what happens during the conversion? I suspect it is a color temperature issue,

Lammert